After the lemon curd recipe, I had to offer you the sublime recipe for Berko lemon meringue tart cheesecake . I kept the recipe for the cream cheese appliance the same but I changed the one for the meringue with mine because Berko’s was really too sweet. Once is not customary, the following photo is not mine because my cake was not so pretty …
- Preparation: at least the day before
- Material: 22cm diameter springform pan
Ingredients for 8:
• 125 g of brown cookies
• 125 g of butter shortbread
• 120 g of butter
• 700 g of Philadelphia cream cheese
• 210 g of caster sugar
• 4 whole eggs
• 1 egg yolk
• 20 g of flour
• 5 cl whipping cream
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
• 400 g of lemon curd
• 4 egg whites
• 100 g of icing sugar
• 1 pinch of salt
- The biscuit base : Preeheat the oven to 180 ° C. Coarsely crumble the cookies. Add the softened butter and mix well. Line the bottom of the biscuit preparation 1 cm thick. Bake for 15 minutes.
- The cheesecake maker : Beat the cream cheese, add the sugar and mix for 2 minutes. Stir in the eggs and egg yolk. Pour in the whiipping cream and vanilla extract and mix for 1 minute. Add the flour, mix for 1 more minute to obtain a smooth cream.
- The lemon curd : Remove the biscuit base from the oven and lower the temperature to 150 ° C. Take the lemon curd out of the fridge and pour it into a piping bag. Pour the cream on the base. Fold the lemon curd into the cheesecake maker in a spiral.
- Cooking : Bake the cheesecake for 1h30 (at 150 ° C). Then turn off the oven at the end of cooking but leave the cake inside for 2 hours. Let the cake cool dowwn to room temperature then reserve it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or even overnight.
- The meringue : on D-day, whip the egg whites (left at room temperature) with a pinch of salt and 2 drops of lemon. When the whites start to thiicken, add the icing sugar in two stages: a tablespoon when the whites start to rise; then the rest of the sugar while passing the mixer at maximum speed to “tighten” them and obtain a shiny meringue.
- The finish: Cover the cheesecake with a very thick layer of meringue and burn the top with a kitchen torch or a few seconds under the grill of the oven (watching carefully!)
I think my cheesecake was not as pretty because I used too large a mold. It was indeed very flat and I missed a bit of meringue. It is therefore necessary to provide a mold with a maximum diameter of 23 cm. Mine was 26. I let you offer me your comments while waiting for me to re-test the recipe!